My dad’s dog was sick last week. My dad brought him to see a vet and was told his liver was swollen. Prescibed him some medication and he seems to be on the road to recovery over the weekend. My dad’s birthday was on 20 October, we had a birthday celebration dinner for him on Sat night. He don’t look so smiley, maybe he is upset about his dog being sick. He kept talking about his Peppy being sick etc, can sense his love for peppy was very strong and that they had each other for the past 8 years.
I received a call from James yesterday to say that Peppy was sent to the Vet again on Mon as his condition seems to be deteriorating. He was suspected of having liver cancer. He is 10 years old. Vet suggested putting him to sleep, as by now he has grown too weak. His eyes are failing him and he could not eat nor walk properly, skinny till bones are shown. But my dad was not prepared to see him go. Today, James called me to say they have decided to put him to sleep, he is suffering too much by now and they could not bear to see him suffer anymore. Peppy just lay there sleeping with his eyes closed.
I called my dad this morning, he was crying on the other end, I can’t hold back my tears too…although Peppy is not staying under the same roof with me, however, I never fails to play with him when I am at my brother’s house. I feel so much for him. I can understand the lost my dad will have to go through. But I guess we will have to grit our teeth and let him go to end his sufferings, and keep the memories in our heart.
Goodbye Peppy. We will all miss you.
Angry Birds
15 years ago
















No comments:
Post a Comment